Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off. You won and are performing on one or more government prime or subcontracts.
Don’t spend too much time patting yourself on the back for arriving in the winner’s circle.
The hard work goes on, but from a different perspective. Lasting success in GovCon depends on getting off on the right foot. It requires developing strong project management plans that include robust risk monitoring and mitigation. Client communications need to be planned and documented. Your employees must be trained to understand their role, and to recognize and avoid the invisible lines of propriety that must never be crossed as they provide vital services to support the government. Your contract management team needs to be ever vigilant to proactively maximize your past performance record. This same team must be trained and empowered to HUNT for new opportunities. Participants In this year long program will engage in the following activities.
- Roles and responsibilities of various government personnel
- Critical items to discuss at a contract kick off meeting
- Establish contract specific project management plans
- Develop standard onboarding processes for every employee working on a government contract
- Learn to speak FARlish™, the language of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, to your advantage
- Examine how to use a communication plan to proactively manage the past performance evaluation process
- Develop re-capture and prospecting plans in your existing agencies
Module 1 – The Players
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Communication Plan
- Employee orientation
Module 2 – FARlish™
Module 2 – Project Plan
- Delivery/Performance Schedule
- Quality Control
Module 3 – Client Management and Past Performance
- Status meetings
- Change management
Module 4 – Prospecting in Your Own Backyard
- Recompete positioning
- Adjacent opportunities
GovCon Business School
Ready, Compete, Win Program
10 Monthly Training Events.
Each event is designed to walk you through the steps you need to follow in order to win government prime and sub contracts. You receive detailed instructions, tools and templates to produce the results you need.
12 Monthly Coaching Sessions
Each month you will participate in a 1 hour coaching session with your facilitator where we focus on solving particular challenges you are facing.
As you execute, questions will come up. Get your questions answered by email within 48 hours.
Private Linked In Group
Collaboration and networking are part of success in GovCon. This is the space to make new connections and get feedback from your peers.
Access to all GovCon Academy webinars and events
GovCon is an exciting and fast moving market. Stay abreast of changes and trends with our educational programs.
Who Should Attend:
- Small Business Owners
- Capture/marketing/sales personnel for small businesses
- Key personnel at small businesses
- Personnel tasked with responding to solicitations of any type (RFQ, RFQ, IFB, Combined, IDIQs, BPA)
- Personnel responsible for managing and successfully performing government contracts
- Employees new to GovCon working on government sites